Terms & conditions
Terms and Conditions
Please read through these terms and conditions carefully before placing your order. By using this website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. Please also read our privacy statement regarding personal information provided by you.
We may change these terms from time to time without notice to you. Changes will apply to any subsequent orders received. Once your order has entered our dispatching process, we will not be able to make any changes.
All orders are dealt with on an individual basis. We are unable to supply any goods on a sale or return basis. We accept Visa and MasterCard.
All items are subject to availability. We will inform you as soon as possible if the goods you have ordered are not available.
The majority of our items are handmade and while the colour reproduction is a close representation, every piece is individual and variations in actual goods may occur. We cannot accept any responsibility for these variations. Our fabrics are made from natural products and may thus have natural characteristics such as slubs and other irregularities in the yarns which are not weaving faults and therefore not considered faults by us as a company. All of our pottery is dishwasher and microwave safe, however for larger pieces of pottery we recommend washing by hand.
Cancelling an order
You have the right to cancel your contract, provided that you exercise
your right no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods
Your right to return products does not apply to goods made to your
specification, that have been clearly personalised or which by reason of their
nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
If you wish to cancel, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods
and take reasonable care of them.
To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to
cancel your contract by a clear statement, including details of your name,
geographical address, details of the order you wish to cancel and, where
available, your phone number and email address.
If you cancel, you should return the goods to us at your cost within 14
days of such cancellation and we will reimburse to you (by the method used to
pay for the original transaction) the amount in relation to goods to which
cancellation rights apply. This includes the cost of delivery (except for the
supplementary costs arising if you choose a type of delivery other than our
standard and least expensive method of delivery.)
We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any
goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We
will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after the day we receive back
from you any goods supplied.
You can cancel by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by phone 01672 521 256
For information on returning an item please see our Returns page.
Further information for overseas customers
The actual price charged to overseas customers will be subject to the exchange rate applied by the customer's credit or debit card company. Customers outside the United Kingdom will also be liable for any import duty, quotas, permits, product restrictions and other local requirements. You are advised to check the latest applicable local requirements before placing an order.
Accuracy of Content
Every care has been taken in the preparation of the content of this website, in particular to ensure that the details, descriptions and prices quoted are correct at the time of publishing. The total cost of your order is the price of the products ordered and delivery charges as set out in the delivery options section of this website.
While the colour reproduction is a close representation, every piece is individual and variations in actual goods may occur.
Credit Card Security
The Susie Watson Designs website uses SSL (secure socket layers) protection system, which is the industry standard. The website is also PCI DSS (payment card industry data security standard) compliant. If you have any queries about the security used on this website please contact email@example.com
You will be informed during the checkout process of the shipping charge, unless we are unable to automatically calculate it (for example in the case of being outside the UK Mainland). If this happens we will inform you of the cost via e-mail or phone and await your approval before we proceed with the order. We reserve the right to update any shipping charges, although you will be asked to confirm via email or phone if any changes occur before you are billed. If you would like us to calculate international shipping charges for you prior to ordering then please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Mainland United Kingdom excluding the Scottish Highlands (Ireland, N. Ireland, Channel Islands, Scilly Isles, Isle of Man and any off shore islands are not included in the UK Mainland.)
Retail: £5.99 (within UK mainland)
Trade: £12 unless order reaches the specified carriage paid amount (£750 before VAT)
Trade (Fabric orders): £12
Varies depending on which country and the size of the order.
Please contact email@example.com for an accurate quote.
Please note that customers outside the United Kingdom will also be liable for any import duty, quotas, permits, product restrictions and other local requirements. All parcels must be signed for on delivery.
Please note, any damages to your order must be notified to us within 72 hours of receipt via email or writing. Returned items must be unused and in their original packaging. If you are unhappy with your purchase please contact us immediately. Any seconds items, made to order items or cut lengths of fabrics are not returnable and cannot be refunded. Please note that the postage and packing charge is non-refundable and we are unable to refund the cost of returning unsuitable items or cancelled orders. This does not affect your statutory rights. If you would like to contact a member of our customer service team please do so as below:
Tel: 0844 980 8185
When buying through the website the contract entered in to is legally binding.
What information do we collect?
We ask for your name, telephone number, home address, email address for competitions, prize draws or newsletter sign ups. When a purchase is made on our site, in addition to the above, we also ask for delivery address and payment method details. We may obtain information about your usage of our web site to help us develop and improve it further.
What the data will be used for?
Your data will enable us, and our processors, to fulfil your order and to notify you about important functionality changes. We will also send you email newsletters from time to time to inform you about our products, services, promotions and special offers from Susie Watson Designs.
If you do not wish to receive email newsletters simply unsubscribe from the email at any time or send an email to our customer services division on firstname.lastname@example.org writing "unsubscribe" in the subject heading. We comply with the standards, procedures and requirements laid down in the UK data protection act to ensure that the personal information you give us is kept secure and processed fairly and lawfully. We may from time to time make our mailing list available to other reputable companies whose products and services may be of interest to you. You can opt out at any time by checking the third party opt-out box in any of the areas where your details are requested on the website or by sending an email to email@example.com writing "unsubscribe 3rd party" in the subject heading. You may unsubscribe from the mailing list of any third parties which have already sent you information or material by clicking on the appropriate unsubscribe link within the newsletter.
In assessing your request for goods or services, we may use your information for the purposes of the prevention and detection of fraud. One of the purposes for which we may disclose your address and postcode details is to check against the current fraud prevention scheme. At all times where we disclose your information it will remain secure.
Ownership of rights
All rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to Susie Watson Designs Ltd. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing of information in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without our permission. You may not modify, delete, distribute or post anything on this website for any purpose.
1. Susie Watson Designs Limited is a company incorporated under the Companies Acts with registered number 03869880 and whose registered address is at River House Studio, Axford, Marlborough, Wiltshire, SN8 2HA. References to “we”, “SWD” or “us” shall mean Susie Watson Designs Limited, and references to “you” shall mean you, the member of the Programme.
2. We have referred to these terms and conditions as the “Terms” throughout this document.
3. These Terms govern: your membership of the SWD Collectors Club Loyalty Programme (“Programme”) and how SWD Loyalty Vouchers (“Vouchers”) are collected and used. If you apply for a SWD Loyalty Card (“Loyalty Card”) online through our Website, you agree to be bound by and comply with these Terms by “clicking to accept” the Terms online. In all other circumstances by signing the back of your Loyalty Card and/or using the Loyalty Card (whichever is earlier), you agree to be bound by and comply with the Terms. The Programme is open to any person aged 18 or over. We reserve the right to refuse or withdraw membership where we reasonably believe, at our sole discretion, that the Loyalty Card has been misused.
4. You must present your Loyalty Card at the time of (1) a purchase in order for a spend to qualify towards the loyalty scheme; and (2) redeeming Vouchers. In relation to purchases made on the Website please see clause
5. Under the Programme we will allocate your spend against your account on qualifying purchases made at any SWD store and SWD Online. Qualifying purchases are any purchases that are not excluded in these Terms. Your Loyalty Card must be registered against your SWD Online account to allow qualifying purchases to be made at SWD Online.
6. Certain purchases are excluded from the Loyalty Scheme and from redeeming Vouchers. These include the following purchases: SWD services, including curtain and blind making; from SWD trade accounts; SWD products from concessions in other stores; SWD gift vouchers and SWD gift cards; and of any delivery charges relating to a transaction. SWD reserves the right to amend the exclusions on the above list from time to time.
7. If you purchase any special order purchases such as furnishing fabrics or curtains, we will allocate the spend to your account once the transaction has been completed.
8. If we refund you for qualifying purchases, we reserve the right to deduct these from your account at any time.
9. Spend will not be allocated to your account on purchases that are fully paid for by redeeming a Voucher. If you part-pay for a purchase by redeeming a Voucher, the spend allocated to your account will be the balance of the purchase above the value of the Voucher.
10. You can check your balance by calling +44 (0)1672 520323, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Every six months we will calculate the qualifying spend. If you have spent enough, we will award you with Voucher(s). Please see the table below for details of how your Vouchers are calculated. If you have not spent enough then we will not award any Vouchers. The value of any Vouchers that we award you will be based on the amount of spend accrued in the previous six-month period (“Award Period”). Award Periods end on 28 February and 31 August each year.
12. Your spend balance will revert to zero at the start of each Award Period. You cannot carry any spend over from one Award Period to the next.
13. We will send you any earned Vouchers, within a reasonable period following the Award Period. We will send all Vouchers to the most recent e-mail address that you have provided to us. It is your responsibility to ensure that we have the correct e-mail address. We are not responsible for Vouchers once they have left our control and we are not responsible for delayed or undeliverable mail.
14. Legal title to all Vouchers belongs to SWD and Vouchers can only be redeemed at SWD stores or SWD Online. A Voucher can only be redeemed by the person named on the voucher. Vouchers must be redeemed before the expiry date printed on them. Vouchers are subject to these Terms together with any additional terms printed on the Voucher. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and any Terms printed on any Voucher, then these Terms shall prevail.
15. We reserve the right to refuse to authorise the issue of Vouchers and/or the redemption of Vouchers that have been issued, if we consider, at our sole discretion, that you are using the Programme fraudulently.
16. When you become a VIP member you remain a VIP for the full rewards period following the period you become a VIP (i.e. for 6 months commencing at the start of the next rewards period). Your 10% off day must also be used within this 6 month period. To continue VIP membership you need to continue to spend over £2,000 in consecutive rewards periods.
Spend Voucher Value
For each additional £500 of spend: £25
17. Subject to clause 18, SWD shall not be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, in respect of any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses or damages were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise):
• losses that were not foreseeable to both parties when the contract was formed;
• losses that were not caused by any breach on the part of SWD;
• loss of business profits, salary, business revenue, goodwill, or anticipated savings;
• loss which could have been avoided by you through reasonable conduct; or
• obvious errors and omissions in administering the Programme.
18. Subject to clause 18, SWD’s total liability to you in respect of all losses arising under or in connection with the Programme, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed an amount equal to the value of any Vouchers awarded to you during the previous Award Period.
19. Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit in any way SWD’s liability for:
• death or personal injury caused by SWD’s negligence;
• fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
• any breach of the obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982;
• defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987;or
• any other matter in respect of which it would be unlawful for us to exclude or restrict liability.
20. You are solely responsible for any personal tax liability that may arise and for any other fees charged by governmental or nongovernmental agencies as a result of your participation in the Programme.
21. SWD owns all Loyalty Cards and Vouchers. It is your responsibility to notify us of any loss or theft of a Loyalty Card by contacting: Customer Services, Susie Watson Designs, Ramsbury, Wiltshire, SN8 2PE; by telephone: +44 (0)1672 520323 or by email: email@example.com.
22. If your Loyalty Card is cancelled for any reason, your spend will also be cancelled and no Voucher, or any other financial or other benefit, will be issued in respect of them.
23. You cannot transfer spend to another person, including any Programme member.
24. SWD is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998. By “clicking to accept” these Terms on our Website or by signing the form on the welcome pack, the back of your Loyalty Card and/or using the Loyalty Card (whichever is earlier), you consent that we may process personal data that we collect from you in accordance with these Terms and the Data Protection Act 1998.
25. SWD may use information that you supply to us on enrolment to the Programme (such as your name and address), together with any information relating to your transactions and purchases made from SWD and participation in the Programme for the purposes of:
• administering the Programme;
• statistical analysis;
• sending you news of our special events, offers, promotions and magazines either by post, email, SMS or through any social network;
and • market research
You can, at any time after you have consented to receive information set out in clause 23, opt-out of receiving any and all such information by contacting: Customer Services, Susie Watson Designs, Ramsbury, Wiltshire, SN8 2PE; by telephone: +44 (0)1672 520323 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. All communication that you receive from SWD will have details of how to opt-out or unsubscribe from receiving such information in the future. SWD will only share your details with companies within the SWD group, and businesses that assist with the operation of the Programme, such as external IT suppliers. SWD will not share your details with any other third parties without your explicit prior written consent.
26. We reserve the right to amend or terminate the Programme at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to vary or amend these Terms from time to time, at our sole discretion. We shall notify you of any changes to the Programme and/or the Terms on our Website.
27. These Terms shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these Terms.
Your Statutory Rights
Your statutory rights are not affected by any of the above terms and conditions.