Susie Watson Designs Wallpapers have been designed to complement our fabric and paint collections. Our Wallpapers have been printed to the highest standards by The Surface Print Company.
All of our wallpapers are a standard 52cm wide. Please see below for pattern repeats.
Apple Blossom - 53cm
Small Shalini - 13cm
Large Shalini - 31cm
Wide Stripe - n/a
Floating - 61cm
We recommend using a Light Grade, ready mixed Adhesive such as Halls Beeline (green or yellow lid).
1. Inspect Each Roll
Before cutting and hanging this wallpaper, ensure that all rolls have the same batch reference, are in good condition, have no shade variation and that no other faults are present. Please ensure that there are enough rolls to complete the job. Do not assume that the wallpaper will come off the roll the correct way up. Always refer to the pattern book or check with the retailer. Examination before hanging is the buyer’s responsibility. No claim can be accepted for hanging incorrect wallpapers or after wallpapers have been cut and hung showing defects which were apparent at the time of hanging. In the event of any complaint, please quote the design reference and batch number on this label.
- Walls should be clean, dry and even.
- Remove any old wallpaper and loose paint and scrape off powdery, flaky surfaces.
- Roughen painted surfaces with sandpaper.
- Absorbent surfaces should be prepared with an oil based primer ensuring it dries completely before continuing.
- New plaster should be allowed to dry out completely.
- Metallic effects can be damaged if high levels of alkaline are already present in the walls. Preparing the walls with an alkaline resistant primer should prevent any damage of this type.
- For best results, we recommend walls are cross lined using good quality lining paper. Sizing the lining paper will aid adhesion. Lining should be allowed to dry completely before hanging the wallpaper
- Dark coloured papers may need their edges coloured with a crayon of a similar tone to avoid white edges showing.
- A premium quality tub adhesive, pH neutral, solvent free, fungicide protected, light grade adhesive should be used.
- Do not use self-mix adhesives. All purpose and heavy duty pastes are not suitable. We recommend a Light Grade, ready mixed Adhesive such as Halls Beeline (green or yellow lid).
- Apply an even coat of paste to the wallpaper, ensuring edges are fully pasted. Do not allow paste to come into contact with the surface.
- Allow sufficient time for the paper to become supple (5-8 minutes).
- Care should be taken not to crease the paper when folding.
- Hang wallpaper, smoothing it to the wall with a decorator’s brush, from the centre of the length to the edges, expelling all air bubbles.
- Butt joins tightly and never overlap. Avoid squeezing paste out of joins.
- Paste may damage the surface of the wallpaper and cause surface printed colours to transfer. The company cannot accept responsibility for marks or damage caused by paste.
- Should any paste have been allowed to come into contact with the surface, it should be removed whilst still moist, by wiping gently across the entire surface using a clean, damp sponge.
- Trim top and bottom with a sharp knife or scissors.
- Ensure wallpaper is firmly adhered as, in the event of fire, loose wallpaper can contribute to the hazard.
- After hanging 2 or 3 lengths, inspect the result to ensure that no shading or other faults are present. No claim for hanging costs can be accepted once more than one roll has been hung.
This information has been supplied in good faith, but without guarantee, and on the understanding that the installer will have decorating knowledge to work with differing site and/or atmospheric conditions.