All our fabrics are handmade with great skill and attention to detail at our charming factory in Southern India.
We take great pride in our fabrics being manufactured by hand and love the unique quality it gives us. As
a result, there will sometimes be some slight imperfections in the fabric; this shouldn't be considered a
fault, but be seen as part of its character. All our linen fabrics are completely natural not dyed,
this can mean they can fade when positioned in direct sunlight. If you require advice on the position of
your curtains or blinds please contact one of our
Fabric Returns Policy
Fabric delivery can take up to 5–9 days from time of ordering.
Double Width Fabrics
Our fabrics and trimmings are traditionally woven using 100% cotton, linen and silk. All our fabrics are made
by hand and not machine which makes our fabric so unique, small imperfections should not be considered a
Please check that you are happy with your fabric before cutting or altering it in any way. We cannot accept
responsibility for the fabric once it has been cut.
Our double width cotton fabrics are 300cm wide and are woven with a horizontal stripe
These fabrics are designed to be used as a vertical stripe on your curtains and blinds, but using the
width as your drop.
The beauty of this is that you will have no seams in your curtains.
Thickweave Cotton Fabrics
Our double width fabrics are 300cm wide, please make sure you take the width in to account when buying your fabric.
Please be aware that our double width stripes are woven with the stripe in the horizontal weft of the fabric. This means that the stripe is sometimes not rigidly straight, which makes making stripes up into blinds a little less easy than curtains. If using our double width stripe fabrics for blinds, ensure the fabric is pulled straight before cutting. Our stripe fabrics can usually be manipulated back into line with some gentle steaming to pull the fabric straight.
Please do this prior to cutting or joining/attaching the fabric to a lining, as we cannot accept responsibility once the fabric has been cut or used.
Our heavy duty thickweave cottons have some cotton slubs and slight joins visible in the fabric, these do not spoil the look of the fabric and are not faults, but are an inevitable result of the weaving process.
Embroidered & Appliqued Fabrics
These gorgeous linens are printed entirely by hand, this means that the pattern will never be quite perfectly aligned (especially when compared with mass machine produced fabrics).
This is not noticeable in the fullness of curtains but when made up into blinds slight inconsistencies in the pattern may be a little more obvious.
We regularly use our printed linens for blinds and are very happy with the results, we love the look and feel of the fabric including any tiny imperfections which occur during the hand-printing process.
These wonderful fabrics are finished by hand, and come in workable lengths of 2 – 3 metres.
Each pack that you purchase will contain one cut length of fabric, and each product shows the width of the
drop and pattern repeat so you can make your curtains.
Washing & Care Instructions
Please be aware that all our fabrics are subject to shade variation from batch to batch, especially those which are hand
embroidered. It is also particularly difficult to represent fabric colours accurately in photography and we therefore recommend
viewing a sample prior to purchase.
Following these useful care guidelines will enable you to enjoy our beautiful products and ensure longevity.
Fabrics, Trimmings, Curtains, Linen & Cushions
Our unique fabrics are dyed using natural dyes - our Embroidery and Applique fabrics are lovingly handmade.
Due to the delicate nature of our fabrics we recommend caring for these products
by lightly vacuuming using an upholstery nozzle (soft brush) to prevent a build-up of dust. In the unfortunate
event that the fabric gets stained, try to dab the stain as promptly as possible using a dry absorbent kitchen
towel or clean cloth. For tricky stains gently wipe clean with a damp cloth. To avoid water marks ensure
excess water is removed from the cloth. If using an upholstery cleaning product, please read the instructions
carefully and ensure they are suitable for silk, cotton or linens and always pre-test on a small discreet
area. Although some of our customers gently handwash our plain or striped cotton cushions, we recommend professional dry cleaning only, for all our fabric, trimmings, curtains and cushions.
Remember to plump up your cushions regularly to keep their shape and prevent the feathers from migrating!
Susie Watson Designs Wallpapers have been designed to complement our fabric and paint collections. Our Wallpapers have been
printed to the highest standards by The Surface Print Company.
All our wallpapers are a standard 52cm wide. Please see below for pattern repeats.
Pushkar – 53cm
Maja – 53cm
Apple Blossom – 53cm
Small Shalini – 13cm
Large Shalini – 31cm
Wide Stripe – n/a
Floating – 61cm
We recommend using a strong, ready mixed adhesive such as Wallrock Power Adhesive.
Inspect Each Roll
Before cutting and hanging this wallpaper, ensure that all rolls have the same batch reference, are in good condition, have
no shade variation and that no other faults are present. Please ensure that there are enough rolls to complete the job.
Do not assume that the wallpaper will come off the roll the correct way up. Always refer to the pattern book or check
with the retailer. Examination before hanging is the buyer’s responsibility. No claim can be accepted for hanging
incorrect wallpapers or after wallpapers have been cut and hung showing defects which were apparent at the time of hanging.
In the event of any complaint, please quote the design reference and batch number on this label.
- Walls should be clean, dry and even.
- Remove any old wallpaper and loose paint and scrape off powdery, flaky surfaces.
- Roughen painted surfaces with sandpaper.
- Absorbent surfaces should be prepared with an oil based primer ensuring it dries completely before continuing.
- New plaster should be allowed to dry out completely.
- Metallic effects can be damaged if high levels of alkaline are already present in the walls. Preparing the walls with
an alkaline resistant primer should prevent any damage of this type.
- For best results, we recommend walls are cross lined using good quality lining paper. Sizing the lining paper will aid
adhesion. Lining should be allowed to dry completely before hanging the wallpaper
- Dark coloured papers may need their edges coloured with a crayon of a similar tone to avoid white edges showing.
- A premium quality tub adhesive, pH neutral, solvent free, fungicide protected, strong adhesive should be
- Do not use self-mix adhesives. We recommend a strong,
ready mixed Adhesive such as Wallrock Power Adhesive.
- Apply an even coat of paste to the wallpaper, ensuring edges are fully pasted. Do not allow paste to come into
contact with the surface.
- Allow sufficient time for the paper to become supple (5-8 minutes).
- Care should be taken not to crease the paper when folding.
- Hang wallpaper, smoothing it to the wall with a decorator’s brush, from the centre of the length to the
edges, expelling all air bubbles.
- Butt joins tightly and never overlap. Avoid squeezing paste out of joins.
- Paste may damage the surface of the wallpaper and cause surface printed colours to transfer. The company cannot
accept responsibility for marks or damage caused by paste.
- Should any paste have been allowed to come into contact with the surface, it should be removed whilst still moist,
by wiping gently across the entire surface using a clean, damp sponge.
- Trim top and bottom with a sharp knife or scissors.
- Ensure wallpaper is firmly adhered as, in the event of fire, loose wallpaper can contribute to the hazard.
- After hanging 2 or 3 lengths, inspect the result to ensure that no shading or other faults are present. No claim
for hanging costs can be accepted once more than one roll has been hung.
This information has been supplied in good faith, but without guarantee, and on the understanding that the installer will
have decorating knowledge to work with differing site conditions.
Browse our full range of beautiful Wallpapers >